Why you need Microsoft Project
- It helps you stay organized
- Easily plan & manage your projects with intuitive features to help you deliver the intended business value
- Quickly focus on what matters, easily select actions to take and seamlessly browse functions with an enhanced visual experience
- Tap into the latest Project templates on Office.com from within Project to get started quickly
- Quick access to recent files and location from the Backstage
- Be efficient and prioritize in a visually rich and contextual interface for everyday work, project tasks, important details, and timelines
- Stay in control of your project plans no matter the size
- Rich, out-of-the-box reporting tools within a familiar Office-like experience help you quickly and easily measure progress and resource allocation
- With Task Path highlighting in the Gantt chart, you always know how your tasks come together and identify which are most critical to your project’s success
- Deliver effective presentations that offer immediate insight into task planning, resource allocation, cost efficiencies, and the many important details of your projects
- The Project timeline view helps you visualize your project to deliver presentations to your team, executives, and stakeholders
- Share insights that help you better communicate progress and achieve results
- Use out-of-the-box reports such as Burndown and Resource Overview to quickly measure progress and communicate effectively with your team, executives and stakeholders
- Easily copy and paste from Project to familiar Office applications like Word and PowerPoint without losing fidelity or the ability to make changes to labels and styles
- Explore the Office Store to quickly innovate with flexible options to customize and extend out-of-the-box capabilities.
Why you need Microsoft Project Server
Get started quickly with a familiar experience that improves participation and helps teams get more done.
- Use the new visual tiles in Project Web App (PWA), your web app to access Project Server, to quickly begin or flex project portfolio management capabilities.
- Choose between devices and browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and more – to view, edit, submit, and collaborate on project, portfolio, and everyday work.
Take action and stay up to date in more places and on more devices than ever before.
- See and act on your tasks (including business and personal) in one location.
- Effectively plan and manage tasks in PWA with the help of new scheduling capabilities.
- Keep your teams organized in one location – their project site – where they can view project summaries, documents, tasks, newsfeeds and calendars.
Align vision and effort to prioritize initiatives, select optimal project portfolios, and deliver on your business strategy with flexible project portfolio management.
- Effectively evaluate ideas or measure the strategic contribution of competing requests to determine alignments and streamline project initiation.
- Easily create workflows in Visio and SharePoint Designer to standardize project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
- Quickly promote a SharePoint task list to an enterprise project in PWA.
Effectively manage resources to see what your teams are doing even when they’re managing everyday work or ad hoc projects in SharePoint.
- Better manage your project pipeline and what your people are working on by capturing your team’s ideas in a SharePoint task lists and measuring them in PWA.
- Accurately measure resource utilization and better manage resource allocation that aligns with your strategy.
- Seamlessly flow information from team member calendars in Exchange Online to Project Server Online, simplifying project scheduling and task status updates while enhancing task-sharing capabilities.
Strengthen everyday collaboration with the social experiences of SharePoint, which facilitate discussions, information sharing, and your team’s ability to get work done.
- Easily share and curate what teams are talking about and working on by following people, sites, tags, and documents with newsfeeds.
- Utilize the search capabilities of SharePoint to execute everyday work and projects more effectively and find the right information.
- Take advantage of powerful security features to share information and collaborate with trusted business partners on projects and everyday work.
- Promote visibility with collaborative tools to seamlessly flow calendar, presence, and capacity information across your organization.
Seamlessly communicate with new ways to share conversations across time and space to improve overall teamwork.
- Hover over an individual’s name in your project plan to see if a team member is available to talk or instant message (IM) with our Lync Online service (sold separately).
- Collaborate with your team quickly by dragging and dropping them into a Lync meeting for group conferencing, instant messaging, screen sharing, and shared workspaces.
Make data driven decisions by equipping team members and stakeholders with the information they need to stay informed and effective.
- Optimize utilization and plan allocation for your organizations resource requirements through the resource center in PWA.
- Use summary dashboards to help gain insights and make better decisions.
- Quickly mine and aggregate data on many dimensions via self-service access with Excel Services.
Simplify IT with an integrated admin experience with SharePoint.
- Utilize synchronization in PWA to choose which group contains the teams that you want to assign to projects.
- Easily give your teams and trusted business partners the right level of access through a new SharePoint integrated security model in PWA.
- Utilize industry standards such as ODATA (open data protocol) for data mining and business intelligence.
Quickly innovate with a flexible PPM platform.
- Quickly develop and deliver apps that help you shave time off discrete processes or connect to proprietary software systems.
- Take advantage of integrated experiences across Project Server, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync and Office to help you quickly act and respond to opportunities.
- Bring together different disciplines such as ALM, NPD, and IPM through a connected and scalable PPM platform.
If you want to learn more about our other services, please click on the service you’re interested:
Let us simplify your technology projects.