Shared Computer Activation (SCA) for Office 365 ProPlus
What is Shared Computer Activation (SCA) for Office 365 ProPlus?
In September 2014, Microsoft enabled Shared Computer Activation (SCA) mode in Office 365 so that multiple Office 365 ProPlus users can share the same hardware in the following three scenarios:
- Customer dedicated self-hosted (on-premise)
- Dedicated third-party hosted
- Windows Azure environment
What Office versions support Shared Computer Activation?
- Shared Computer Activation mode works with enterprise versions of Office 365 (ProPlus and E3).
Benefits of Shared Computer Activation for Office 365 ProPlus
- The main outcome of SCA for Office 365 ProPlus is that it gives customers choice and flexibility. SCA allows customers to take advantage of existing Office 365 ProPlus licensing investments when deploying to the cloud.
- Customers are able to make a deployment choice between on-premises and any authorized Service Providers’ shared datacenter to help lower cloud infrastructure costs by letting MG Technology Group use your existing Office 365 ProPlus licenses.
- You can work with MG Technology Group to take advantage of SCA for Office 365 ProPlus. MG Technology Group is an approved SCA for Office 365 ProPlus Program provider, allowing us to deploy your eligible Office 365 ProPlus licenses to your chosen cloud infrastructure solution.
Talk to a MG Technology Group representative to learn more about Shared Computer Activation.